Monday, May 23, 2005

Standing in lines...

Another day standing in a line on a military base, except this day was different. Today was like Christmas come early - I received some specialty equipment for my impending trip to places hot and sandy. Oakley sunglasses, camelback hydration system, desert t-shirts, socks and boots.

I can thank all the soldiers before me who have been deployed and who (I am sure) voiced their opinions to decision makers on what they thought was necessary equipment to have above and beyond the "standard issue".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gadgets and more gadgets. That's what you guys like!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hanging out at the naughty boys house for the next week, where the take-aways are on consant supply. Tommorrow could be a curry night. Who knows! We are having a day out at an old castle tommorrow and a beach BBQ for Scott on Sunday. I now have a waist measuring 43", but naughty boy is 50", so I have some way to go yet! Sam

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home